CIECA Standards are developed in committees comprised of technology and business experts from across the industry. These volunteers come from both CIECA member companies and non-member companies. These unbiased, cross-functional committees ensure that CIECA Standards meet the needs of all members and industry segments.
Below is a list of all CIECA Committees, the green icons are active committees that are meeting regularly, the other committees are in maintenance mode and can be activated upon request.
Join a CIECA Committee!
To learn more about CIECA Committees click the Learn More button and let us know what committees you are interested in or would like to learn more about.
Standards Advisory Board
All CIECA Committee Chairs meet monthly on the last Monday of the month.
- Manages and approves changes made by technical committees
- Ensures inter-committee communication
- Approves charters, business plans and Implementation Guides
Meets every Tuesday to provides technical oversight and guidance for all CIECA Standards
- Reviews standards and code list changes
- Updates schemas for two releases per year
- Monitors technology developments
- Ensures compatibility across standards
Meets monthly to provides leadership for the education of the industry on the value and proper implementation of CIECA Standards
- Plans annual conference and CIECAST webinars
- Develops initiatives to educate members
- Develops CIECA’s annual conference
Product Standards Committees
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards to electronically exchange messages related to appointment messages for collision industry companies.
- Acquires appointment options to appointment request and confirmation
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards to electronically exchange messages related to the assignment message for collision industry companies.
- Develop and maintain messaging standards aimed at automating vehicle rental activities.
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards to electronically exchange messages related to attachment messages for collision industry companies.
- Develop and maintain messaging standards aimed at automating attachment services.
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards to electronically exchange messages related to authorization request, obtaining authorization and maintaining or cancel an authorization.
- Develops messages to manage and coordinate coverage for all claims resulting from a single accident, relation all the information to one folder.
- Develop extensive workflow from salvage pickup to auto auction.
- Integrates whole vehicle auctions.
- Determines valuation process for salvage vehicles.
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards for messages relating to a appraisal and or restoration of a vehicle that has incurred a loss.
- This includes but is not limited to work requests, appraisals, images, and repair invoices.
First Notice of Loss
- Develops standards for the reporting of losses to insurance, OEMs or other interested parties
- Goal: To reduce time from accident to repair process to keys-to-owner and improve customer satisfaction
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards for messages relating to invoice, statement and remittance services that will exchange billing through the collision industry.
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards for messages relating location messages in the collision industry.
- This includes finding a rental location.
Parts & Materials Procurement
- Created procurement request for quote (RFQ) to order to shipment to invoice and return
- Supports all part types (OEM, aftermarket, etc.)
- Integrates procurement data into repair order.
- Develops and maintains messaging standards aimed at subrogation communication activities.
- Supports subrogation negotiations between demanding and responsible parties
- Enables third-party/vendor integration
- Creates standard questions and answers
- Enables the maintaining of historic databases
- Goal: Have one standard for collision Industry (repairers, parts providers, rental, salvage, etc.)
- Goal of reducing cycle time of salvage vehicles via title processing plus Power of Attorney (POA)
- Enables communication among carriers, salvors, lenders, state title companies & title processors
- Integrates financial messages for loan payoff
- Establishes valuation assessment
- Supports requests for information, inquiry requests, status request and cancel messages
- Monitors repair procedure with repair status, reporting to carriers and rental companies
- Proactively extends rental period for repair facility with carriers’ approval
Project Standards Committees
AI Impact on Collision Industry
Meets on the last Thursday of the month.
- Identifying the Impacts of AI to the Industry data standards.
Meets twice a month, occurrences will be set beginning of 2023
- Develops industry standard workflow and documentation standards for repairs, including ADAS (Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems), legacy systems, system relearning, etc.
- Includes scans (pre- and post-scans)
- Created due to government regulations
- Eases the reporting burden of repair facilities
- Goal: Create one record containing all data for government reporting
Emerging Tech Data Standards
Meets on the first Thursday of the month.
Evaluates emerging technologies that may impact data exchange requirements
Recommends to the Standards Advisory Board the need for new standards or changes to existing standards
EV (Electric Vehicle)
- Kickoff Meeting March 1, 2023 (Join with link above if interested in participating)
- Develops inspection message
- Works on glass-specific Implementation Guides
- Goal: Integrate glass data standards into assignment, estimate, invoice, CSI, procurement
- Ad Hoc committee that monitors impacts to CIECA standards and CIECA's role as it relates to information privacy.
- Maintains CIECA's position on information privacy.
OEM Repair Procedure and Build Sheet Data
Meets on the second Thursday of the month.
New Committee Started on July 7, 2022
Committee working on Pain Points and Objectives for Committee
Recycled Parts & Inventory
- Integrates ARA (Automotive Recycling Association) and CIECA Standards
- Integrates recycled parts into procurement standards
- Includes inventory records
- Tracks recycled parts in estimate to part order
Meets the first Monday of the Month
- Looking at the referral of assignments from other vendors
- Locates rental locations and inventory
- Matches rental owner vehicle to rental vehicle
- Goal: Rental integration into repair status process; assignment to keys-to-owner
- Monitors vehicle repair process aligned with industry repair standards
- Establishes accurate and efficient repair order communication for all stages in the repair order process (i.e. reducing the double data entry of information for the shop)
Scanning & Diagnostics
- Incorporates all formats of scan documents in related CIECA messages
- Integrates Implementation Guides for consistent implementations across all collision industry segments
Vehicle Damage & Imaging
- Developed estimate and assignment messages with Architecture Committee
- Extends parts exchange, enabling replacement of an OEM with recycled parts including assemblies
- Creates towing message