THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION BY PERSONS WORKING IN THE COLLISION REPAIR AND PROPERTY RESTORATION INDUSTIES IN THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA and CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ONLY ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local United States laws, regulations and ordinances apply. By participating in the CIECA ‘New Logo Contest” (the "Contest"), all participants agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding.
The contest begins March 14, 2019 and ends June 30, 2019 (the "Contest Period"). The Entry Period begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST as outlined below.
ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the state or province in which they reside, and who have an e-mail address and Internet access as of date of entry. Entrants must be employed within the Collision Repair and Property Restoration Industries and related segments. This includes but is not limited to: collision repair facilities, insurance companies, information providers, parts and material suppliers, information and software providers, car rental companies, towing companies, salvage and recycled parts providers, auto glass replacement facilities, subrogation providers, general service providers and property restoration providers. Employees and directors (and their immediate family members and persons domiciled with employees and directors) of CIECA, and anyone else affiliated with the promotion or execution of the contest, are not eligible to participate. CIECA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- HOW TO ENTER: The preferred method of submission is in PDF format via email to Stacey Phillips at email@example.com. Entries will only be accepted during the Contest Period. All registered entries must include a vector high-resolution file and be received by CIECA by 11:59 p.m. EST on June 30. Entries may be submitted by email, mail or special delivery. A maximum of two entries per person will be accepted. Please include name of individual/company, address, email address and phone number along with job title and company that you work for including address and phone number for verification.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: There will be a judging committee made up of CIECA board members and staff. On or around 07/12/19, judges will select five finalists from all entries received, which will be displayed on the CIECA website. The Grand Prize winner will be picked by a group of judges that include the Chairman of CIECA, the Chair of the Marketing Committee, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator plus five additional judges picked from the CIECA Board of Directors. The new logo will be picked from among these five finalists and announced at CIECA CONNEX being held September 16-18, 2019 in Charlottesville, Virginia. CIECA will attempt to notify the winners by phone, email or registered mail approximately one week after selection. The potential prize winners must meet all eligibility requirements set forth in these rules to receive prize. Judges' decisions are final.
One (1) Grand Prize: A $500 Amazon gift card
One (1) 2nd prize: A $100 Amazon gift card
One (1) 3rd prize: A $50 Amazon gift card
- CLAIMING PRIZES: Except where prohibited by law, the Grand Prize winner must complete, sign and return Affidavits of Eligibility, Waivers of Liability and Publicity Releases within seven days of receipt of written prize notification or prize will be forfeited. In the event of noncompliance with these official rules, or if notification or prize is undeliverable, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected.
- CONDITIONS: All entries become the property of CIECA and will not be returned. CIECA is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage-due, or garbled entries or mail. CIECA, its affiliate companies, parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and agents are not responsible for any: (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, network malfunction, or other technical failures or errors, or failure to properly process entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of CIECA, including inability to access the website, submit entries or other disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer from entrant's access of the contest website, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or (d) incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this contest. If such malfunction, error, disruption, or damage occurs, and/or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper play of the contest, CIECA may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the contest by posting a notice on www.cieca.com. CIECA may choose, in its sole discretion, to not use the winning entry for any reason; however, the winner will still receive the prize offered.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT CIECA, ITS AFFILIATES, MEMBER COMPANIES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, BY ACCEPTACE OF PRIZE, WINNER GRANTS (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM THAT GRANT IN WRITING) PERMISSION FOR CIECA, ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES TO USE HIS/HER NAME, PHOTOGRAPH, VOICE &/OR LIKENESS, FOR ADVERTISING OR PUBLICITY WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION.
- WINNER'S ANNOUNCEMENT: Winner and logo will be posted on the CIECA website within one week of announcement of the winner on or about September 24, 2019.