Procurement Use Case
The Parts and Material Procurement and Repair Order Services are messages used for procurement of parts and materials and for exchanging repair order information.
- Parts Provider: Any company whose businesses concern is distribution and disbursement of parts to the collision repair industry. The provider can provide one part type (OEM, etc.) or multiple part types.
- Materials Provider: Any company whose businesses concern is distribution and disbursement of materials to the collision repair industry. The provider can provide any materials used in the auto body repair process.
- Repair Facility: Any company whose business concern is to repair damaged vehicles.
- Information Technology Companies: Any company that develops software and/or services related to estimates, data communications and/or data consolidation.
- Data Recipient: Any company that utilizes parts and/or material data as part of information consolidation.
- Business Management System Providers: A company whose main business concern is consolidation and categorization of auto repair information to enable it to manage its business.
- Third Party Intermediaries: Any company that develops software, databases and/or services related to vehicle repair assignments, vehicle repair data communications and/or vehicle repair data consolidation.
- OEs: OEMs and dealerships. This will include CPOs (Certified Pre-Owned for non-new vehicles)
Recycled Parts Locator Service – Any company whose main focus is to locate parts for use in repairs between those that need the part and those that have the part.
Retail Customer – Any entity who orders parts for personal repair of a vehicle (e.g., Do It Yourselfers, walk-in customer).
Glass Installers: Those companies whose main business is to install auto glass.
Commercial Companies: Commercial companies and their representatives involved in providing coverage for property glass repair for themselves or for the properties they own and/or manage.
Insurance Company: Property and Casualty insurers in one or multiple lines of business who acts on behalf of their policy holder and impacted parties for the repair of vehicles.
Third Party Administrators: TPA, the companies whose main business is to administer the claim process life cycle for insurance carriers.
Glass Suppliers: Those companies whose main business is to supply auto glass to the Glass Installers.
Fleet Companies: Fleet companies (including rental, etc.) and their representatives involved in managing repair process of vehicles for their companies or client companies
Sublet Providers: Any company who provides goods and/or services on behalf of the repair facility or insurance provider.
Call Centers: Any company or internal operations that supports the repair facility operations and communication with the vehicle owners and insurance company.
Rental Provider: Any company whose main businesses concern is providing vehicle rental services to the collision repair industry.
RFQs, Quotes, Requests to Hold Part(s)
Orders, Order Changes, Order Cancellations
Invoicing, Return Authorizations, Returns, Credit Memos
Inquiries and Status Updates
All Part Types and Materials
Sending Individual or Multiple Repair Orders
Property Damage (Glass)
Exchange of Repair Orders
Exchange of Information for Sublet Work
Archival Process for Repair Orders
Repair Order Information Exchange between other System
What are the Industry Benefits for Using Procurement Services?
- Establishment of an accurate and efficient industry standard - by and for industry participants - to be used in the creation and industry standard implementation of electronic messaging for requests, locating, selection, and the procurement of all parts and electronic messaging for repair order processing and recording.
- XML electronic messages provide capability and flexibility for smaller-scale organizations and applications.
- Facilitates the integration of parts and material messages exchange and repair order messages exchange.
- Eliminates redundant data entry and other manual processes which allows for improved integration of parts and material purchasing information across applications.
- Management of the standard by CIECA streamlines development, approval, revision, enhancement and publication.
- An accurate and efficient parts and material procurement process and vehicle repair process.
- Improved accuracy and efficiency through an understanding and use of parts and material industry standards and vehicle repair industry standards.
- An automated export and import models for parts and material procurement using standard terms, and thus eliminating current paper based processes
- Enable repairers to reduce cycle repair time by increased accuracy and quality part availability
- This will allow repairers to gain a much better understanding and management of their parts and materials procurement process.
- Create parts and materials automated export and import models, thus eliminating current paper based assessment methodology.
- Increased access to broader range of parts by the repair facility
- Include CERs in the Repair Orders
- Include SCANs on Repair Orders
- Establish accurate and efficient repair order communication for all stages in the repair order process. (i.e. reducing the double data entry of information for the shop)
Develop standards to reduce implementation costs
Security – BMS optional aggregates allow Shops to be in control of their data and what is traded with their Service Providers
XML universal English language for computers. Tools are readily available and have a low cost.
The process will need to allow repairers, insurers, information providers, rentals providers, third party intermediaries, business management system providers, data recipients, sublet providers, and call centers to exchange repair order information.
Electronic archive of repair orders
MSO – Networks can aggregate data for Business Intelligence and reporting
Import/Export – Shop can use to change Management Systems and reduce overhead
Multi Shop Operators (MSO) move repair order from one shop to another, this standard will make the process more efficient and with less errors
Interoperability with repairers, insurers, information providers, rentals providers, and third party intermediaries, business management system providers, data recipients, sublet providers, call centers
What Triggers the need for using Procurement Services?
Add Business Process Procurement (RFQ, Request for Hold, Purchase Order, Shipping Notice, Shipping Notice Change, Shipping Notice Cancellation, Invoice, Return Authorization Request, Return, Credit Notification Sent and Refund, Release Hold, and Quoted Part No Longer Available)
Add Repair Facility Procurement Add (RFQ)
Add Supplier to Broker Procurement Add (RFQ)
Procurement Quote from Broker/Parts Provider to Repair Facility or Broker
Inquire the Supplier's response about a submitted procurement request
Supplier responds to an Inquiry
Request Status of outstanding Procurement document(s)
Request status of the invoice, credit memo, or return information for Procurement documents
Request information for Return Authorization Procurement documents
Communicate Repair Order information
Before using Procurement Services, please review implementation guides between business partners for security and privacy.
During the repair of a vehicle the repairer needs to locate parts to replaced the damaged parts, Order parts, and track the shipment of the parts.
The Repairer will receive messages that helps them find the best parts for their customer.
Procurement Solutions in CIECA
This method is used to submit a procurement request in the form of a Quote or a Purchase Order. The information contained in this service will provide a context to create a meaningful document in order to procure or quote parts or materials. Additional information related to the request is also included.
This method is used to query for the Supplier’s response to the submitted procurement request. There are options to get information on the entire set of transactions in a file folder, or just a specific document(s) (Purchase Order / RFQ)
Procurement Notification Status
This method is an outbound push of information to a willing recipient. This could be an automated update service that is triggered by an event. Such an event could include a Supplier providing a response to the request. This is a request for one procurement folder.
Procurement Status Inquiry
This method is used to query the latest status of outstanding Procurement documents. There are several search parameters including a create date range, modify date range, folder UUIDs, or procurement UUIDs. Information about one or more procurement inquiries will be returned.
Procurement Invoice Inquiry
Procurement Credit Memo Inquiry
Procurement Return Invoice Inquiry
This method is used to query the invoice, credit memo, or return (only one may be queried per message) information for Procurement documents. There are several search parameters including a create date range, modify date range, folder UUIDs, or procurement UUIDs. Information about one or more procurement invoice inquiries or credit memo inquiries will be returned. The Procurement Number List aggregate can also be used to inquire using return authorization numbers, credit memo numbers, or partner to partner reference numbers. This can be repeating, if necessary.
Procurement Invoice Status
Procurement Credit Memo Status
This is in response to the request for invoice or credit memo information for one or more invoices or credit memos as part of procurement documents. This same structure can be used for either a synchronous or asynchronous message. Either invoice or credit memo information may be requested, but not both.
Procurement Return Authorization Inquiry
This method is used to query the information for Return Authorization Procurement documents. There are several search parameters including a create date range, modify date range, folder UUIDs, or procurement UUIDs. Information about one or more procurement invoice inquiries or credit memo inquiries will be returned. The Procurement Number List aggregate can also be used to inquire using return authorization numbers, credit memo numbers, or partner to partner reference numbers. This can be repeating, if necessary.
Procurement Return Authorization Status
This message structure is used for both an inquiry (from a repair facility) or a status ‘push’ (from a supplier). This will return the Return Authorization information for one or more Return Authorizations inquiries (or push) as part of procurement documents.
Repair Order Folder Add
This message is used to send repair orders to Repair Service Providers.
Repair Order Folders Add
This message is used to send repair orders to Repair Service Providers.
Inventory Record Add
This is the Inventory Record format for both storing and sending inventory information. The information contained in this service will provide a context on how to store inventory record information and what information can be stored in this record.
These messages inform the requestor that the request was received and if they were successful or in error.
Some Responses will provide additional information for the request.