Location Use Case
The Location Services are used for car rental location information.
NOTE: Rental Location and Rental Office are synonymous terms and ‘location’ and ‘office’ are unused interchangeably.
Rental Provider: A company whose main businesses concern is providing vehicle rental services to the collision repair industry. The provider contracts directly to individuals whose vehicles have been damaged. The Rental Provider can be paid directly by the vehicle renter or by the data recipients. These companies use assignments, messaging, notices and rental bills as part of their rental vehicle services
Repair Facility: Any company whose business concern is to repair damaged vehicles.), etc. Actor
Data Recipients: Any company that does not rent vehicles but who utilizes assignments, messaging, notices and rental bills to facilitate the use of a rental vehicle services for owners whose vehicles have been damaged and are subject to repairs by a segment of the of the collision industry. (Repair facilities and insurance companies.)
Information Technology Companies: Any company that develops software and/or services related to vehicle rental assignments, vehicle rental data communications and/or vehicle rental data consolidation.
Insurance Company: Property and Casualty insurers in one or multiple lines of business who acts on behalf of their policy holder and impacted parties for the rental of vehicles that have vehicles that are being repaired.
Request Rental Office Availability
Rental Office Status
Provide All Rental Office Locations
Handle Special Request
What are the Industry Benefits for Using Location Services?
- Establishment of an accurate and efficient industry standard - by and for industry participants - to be used in the creation and industry standard implementation of electronic messaging for the rental process.
- XML electronic messages provide capability and flexibility for smaller-scale organizations and applications.
- Facilitates the integration of rental related messages exchange.
- Eliminates redundant data entry and other manual processes which allows for improved integration of Rental Management information across applications.
- Management of the standard by CIECA streamlines development, approval, revision, enhancement and publication.
- An accurate and efficient rental process
- Improved accuracy and efficiency through an understanding and use of rental industry standards
- An automated export and import models for rental communication using standard terms, and thus eliminating current paper based processes
- Establish accurate and efficient industry standard for formatting rental communications.
- Allow industry comparisons, regardless of rental services and charges.
- Potentially reduced repair cycle time due to more efficient communications.
- Define communications protocols needed in the vehicle rental process.
- Enable requestors to reduce cycle repair time by increased accuracy and quality vehicle availability
- Enable a more accurate and efficient process for participants of the rental industry to work together,
- Rental industry participants working together to create accurate and efficient processes and standards
- The process of financial message exchange
- The committee facilitates the industry’s collection and use of demand data
What Triggers the need for using Location Services?
Inquire about rental offices having the noted vehicle and close to the desired location
Response of a Rental Location Inquiry that provides information about rental offices
Before using Location Services, please review implementation guides between business partners for security and privacy.
Location Services provide information about the rental office(s)
A selection of what is the best rental branch for the renter can be made with the information provided in the service.
Location Solutions Available in CIECA
Rental Office Add
This message is used to send the Rental Offices and detail information about each office. This can be in reply to a specific request or can be sent as a scheduled update of rental offices. There may be no offices provided in this message, and there may be many offices included. If multiple offices are included, the distance and ranking from the service area can be provided.
Rental Office Inquiry
This message is used to request Rental Office availability
Rental Office Add/Inquiry Responses
These messages can be used as a generic response indicating the message was received and was able to be parsed or they can be used to send the Rental Offices and detail information about each office.